Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Low Fat Yet Loveable" Banana Bread


Ok, so I'm in LOVE with banana bread-but NOT with how many points (translate: fat) it is! I am skeptical of any and all "low-fat" recipes but when I tried this one (and made some revisions) I fell in love! I think I might even like it better than my full fat recipe! I've already made 5 loaves since I found this recipe! So, if you are like me and think that no low-fat version of banana bread could possibly compare...TRY THIS ONE.

Ingredients:
1/4 c applesauce (obviously, home made is best)
2 T sugar
2 T honey
2 T spenda
2 egg whites
1/4 c water
2 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1 c mashed banana (2 bananas)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 T milk

Mix together the applesauce, sugar, honey, splenda, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla and water. Mix in mashed banana, baking powder, soda, and salt. Then mix in the wheat flour. Gradually add milk and mix until moist.

One slice = 2 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment