Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Alfredo Potato Lasagna

This is what we had for dinner tonight. My camera seems to have gone AWOL, so no pictures! If you are planning to make this recipe, keep in mind that it takes an hour and ten minutes to bake, then another 10 to cool. I tried to have it in the oven by 3:45pm to be ready to eat around 5:15pm. I am not giving the exact recipe since I made some changes that I think enhanced the flavor.

Ingredients:
1 jar (12-16oz) Alfredo sauce (the more flavor the better, in my opinion)
1 cup milk
3 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
5 T parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
16oz bag of frozen broccoli, thawed (or equivelant of fresh broccoli!)
2- 2 1/2 cups cubed ham

1. Mix alfredo sauce and milk and whisk together. Peel and slice the potatoes. If you have the Pampered Chef Ultimate Mandolin this is a GREAT fast way to slice those potatoes!

2. Lightly grease the bottom of a deep 9x13 pan. Pour 3/4 cup of the alfredo mixture onto bottom of pan. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the parmesan cheese over potatoes, then salt and pepper to taste. (I did a good healthy layer of both and it wasn't quite enough.) Sprinkle 1/3 of the ham, broccoli, and cheese. Lay another 1/3 of the potatoes, then another 1/3 of ham, broccoli and cheese. Follow that layer with the rest of the potatoes, ham, broccoli and cheese. Pour the rest of the alfredo mixture over that and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

3. Cover, and bake at 400* for 45 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to 350* and back for another 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken and cool before serving.

It really was a tasty meal-for potatoes! (If you know me well, you know I really don't like potatoes a whole lot. But I really enjoyed this recipe!) Also, I used parmesan garlic alfredo sauce. I think the 3 cheeses kind would be good too! The more flavor the better!

YOu can make this and freeze it, the only catch is that it does need to be completely thawed before you start baking or the potatoes won't get done! To do this I take it out the night before and put it on the counter on a dish towel and let it sit overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment