Saturday, June 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie*

*This recipe has no health/weight loss benefit. It comes to you in honor of my friend Rachel --who has lost it more times than any human can count-- may she always find it here.



Ingredients:
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 c confectioners' sugar
3/4 c creamy or chunky peanut butter
6 T milk
1 carton (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 graham cracker crust
1/4 c peanuts (optional)

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and peanut butter; mix well. Gradually add the milk. Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Chill overnight.

For added taste I sometimes melt about 1/2 cup chocolate chips and add a tiny bit of oil. Then I cut it into the top of the pie to make it appear marbled. I then freeze the pie. Take it out a few minutes before serving. This is perfect for chocolate peanut butter lovers!

1 comment:

  1. I have had such a craving for pb pie this summer! I'll have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete