Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

As a kid this was my favorite meal to go to Gramma's and have. (Besides, OF COURSE, her pizza.) I got the recipe when I got married and only then realized I had suckered for the easiest.recipe.ever to be my favorite. It's a great one to freeze because it bakes up as if it's never been frozen! Also...I've never met a kid who didn't like it!

Ingredients:
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 pint sour cream
1 can (4oz) green chilies (I usually leave these out!)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 bunch chopped green onions
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c shredded monteray jack cheese
12 flour tortillas

Mix chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and chilies. Place about 2 tablespoons of mixture in center of each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortillas seam side down in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour remaining mixture over tortillas and spread evenly. Top with grated cheese and onions. Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes.
Sometimes I make this as a casserole. Cut the tortillas in 1 inch squares (pizza cutters work great for this!). half of the tortillas in lightly greased dish. Top with half of the chicken mixture, and repeat layers. Top with cheese and onions and bake as above.
If you want to freeze it then just top with saran wrap and foil or a lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment