Thursday, July 7, 2011

A-mazing Mocha Punch

Punch? Really? This is so much better than a meazly "punch"...maybe it should be called Mocha Madness...or something super dramatic. It's fantastic! You'll want to try it! It's a hit any time of the year, but I always crave it during these hot summer months! I'm SO sorry I don't have a picture!

Mocha (Madness) Punch

6 cups water
1/2 c instant chocolate drink mix
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c instant coffee granules
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1/2 gallon chocolate or chocolate chunk ice cream
Whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate curls (also optional)

In microwave safe measuring cup bring 1 1/2 cups of the water to a boil. Stir in chocolate drink mix, sugar, and coffee granules until dissolved. Refrigerate until cold. (I usually leave it overnight or all day.)

About 30 minutes before you want to serve the punch (20 minutes if it's super warm out) add 4 1/2 cups water and mix well. Pour into punch bowl and add half of each tub of ice cream by scoopfuls. Stir in and let set for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ice cream by the scoopful and stir again. Serve when it is slightly melted. Garnish with a dallop of whipped cream an a few chocolate curls if desired.

ENJOY this amazing-ness. Even my picky coffee hater (yes they exist..sigh!) brothers like this drink!

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness! That sounds absolutely fantastic! Sounds terrible for you but absolutely fantastic. Maybe I will take a note from your page and post the Carmel Brownie Cheesecake recipe that I just tried out last night. I looks good. We will find out tonight if it tastes good :)

    ReplyDelete