Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken & Cabbage Salad

I found this recipe while I was re-organizing my recipe books last night. I love this salad...but it's one I would never have picked out of a book. I had it at a party one time and I was sold! I changed it a tiny bit to fit my taste! I hope you love it as much as I do. I'll try to get a picture the next time I make it. It makes a lot, so I usually make half, or make it for a potluck.

Salad Ingredients:
1 small head cabbage
3 chicken breasts
3 green onions
1 package oriental (or beef) flavored Ramen noodles (save packet for dressing)
1/8-1/4 c slivered almonds OR sunflower seeds
1 c oil
1/4 c vinegar
1/4 c sugar
Ramen flavor packet

Directions:
Cube chicken breasts then cook fully. Meanwhile, shred cabbage and place in large bowl. Break up Ramen noodles into small pieces (save packet for dressing), and slice green onions. Combine chicken, noodles, green onions, and almonds/sunflower seeds with cabbage.

Next combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and flavoring packet from the Ramen and mix well. About 1/2 hour before serving, pour dressing over salad and mix well.

2 comments:

  1. My mom makes this one too! I agree that I wouldn't normally make it but it is surprisingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I'm not the only one! I've discovered my secret love for cabbage tho. :)

    ReplyDelete