Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crockpot Chicken (or Beef!) Stroganoff

Dinner's on! And it's only noon!!! That's because I found me some crockpot recipes to try, and BOY AM I EXCITED! I know some of you out there (including my very own sister in law!) have a THING against crockpot foods....I have this to say to you. Get over it. You've probably only had foods that came from the campbell's "I don't have any taste" cookbook or some 3 ingredient or less thing. I LOVE my crockpot, and I'm not afraid to say it. For the rest of you, here's the recipe I'm trying. It originally calls for chicken, but I'm in the mood for some good red meat SOOOO true to my subconcious need to change every recipe, I have modified it some. I'll give it both ways in case you want to try the chicken one!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, cubed
(1lb-ish cubed deer or beef steak)
2 T butter or margarine
1 pkg (.7 oz) Italian Dressing Mix
1 (10.75 oz) can Cream of Chicken soup
(Cream of Mushroom would be good with the beef)
1 (8oz) block of cream cheese
OPTIONAL: 1 can sliced mushrooms or equivilant fresh
frozen broccoli (for the beef kind, not sure about broccoli with chicken..maybe?)

Throw the cubed chicken (beef) into the crockpot along with the butter and Italian Dressing Mix. Cook on low for 5 hours. One half hour before serving add the soup, cream cheese, and veggies and cook on HIGH until heated through. Serve over rice or egg noodles.

POINTS: 10 per serving
makes 4 servings
14 points if served over 3/4 cup cooked rice OR egg noodles. 13 points if served over 1/2 cup cooked rice.
Weight Watchers has changed their point system, so this point value is only valid with their NEW system. (My GUESS is that it'd be a few less points with the "old" system, but I can't be sure) Curse you WW for changing what I knew so well.

*I'm thinking I might try it next time with some garlic added. We'll see how that goes.*

No comments:

Post a Comment